About Me

My photo
I'm a California girl who from 2007-2008 studied abroad in Tokyo at Toyo University. 2008-2010 completed my B.A. Degree in Japanese at the University of Hawaii @ Manoa. I was hired on May 6th 2011 to become an Assistant Language Teacher with Interac Co., Ltd. After the events of 3/11 I wanted to do something to help Japan. I decided to start early with Interac and be placed in one of the prefectures most affected by the earthquake/tsunami. <3

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Time flys!

It's been just under a month since I updated! Shock!~ There really hasn't been much to say. I emailed Interac to see what was going on and maybe a timeline if they could give one. I freaked a bit because the plane prices are going up more and more. well this is what I got....

"You will be happy to know that we have lodged your application for eligibility with the Immigration authorities on 5/20/2011. It usually takes at least 22 working days to obtain the Certificate of Eligibility. We expect to receive it after June 21st. Please note that this is just an approximation, based on the most recent batch received."

I was at my fitting for the bridesmaid dress and setting the date to come back after they finished with it and seeing how close the 21st and the assumed start date of the 4th of July sent me into a little panic lol

I will still need to get the CoE in the mail and then turn around and take that to the Japanese consulate to get my work visa. I called them today to see how long it would take and they said 3 to 5 work days @_@ I think I will be picking up my visa the day before my flight lol

This last Monday i took my driving test and passed so i am now a licensed driver! so now Interac can put me anywhere ^^;;; Though in perfect fashion with my luck the DMV was closed because the system was down but they were still doing driving tests. I girigiri passed lol but hey I passed! though because the system was down i had to go back the next morning and finish up my paper work. I really hope i get the license in the mail before i go! Next thing will be going to AAA and getting my Internation Driving Permit. I might do that on friday. so things look good there.

I woke up to an email from interac saying to fill out an online resume. I've done this but it was yet another resume to be filled out. This I believe was the actual resume they will use to send out to the BOEs to find me placement. I got it done quickly... there was a short essay area asking to intro yourself and what you like about japan/your experience with japan. after that you put down your degree and school and work history and you're done.

I wonder if there is anyway i'll have a placement before i go. I know that if I did get one not to get attached to it because it might change. Funny my thoughts are wanting to know how far i'll be from tokyo. My friends are there and well I'm already planning trips lol like for my birthday I want to treat myself to the musical Dream Boys! ^^

oh I start to ramble so should go work on packing something ^^;;;

No comments:

Post a Comment