About Me

My photo
I'm a California girl who from 2007-2008 studied abroad in Tokyo at Toyo University. 2008-2010 completed my B.A. Degree in Japanese at the University of Hawaii @ Manoa. I was hired on May 6th 2011 to become an Assistant Language Teacher with Interac Co., Ltd. After the events of 3/11 I wanted to do something to help Japan. I decided to start early with Interac and be placed in one of the prefectures most affected by the earthquake/tsunami. <3

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Just going with it!


I am a true believer of life turning out the way it needs to. Like my study abroad; didn't get to Waseda got into Toyo and met my BFF.

Well it's official now. I will start with Interac by the first week of July. The time is not official yet but they guessed that I would be done getting my visa in time for the first week.

This is amazing! ^^ everything is working out great!

I will get the signing bonus on my first pay check as well as up to 250,000 yen move-in assistance. No help with the flight but that's ok. I ran the numbers and looked at a multi-city flight consisting of flying to Tokyo back to California for August break and then back to Tokyo after the wedding and it was only $1600 not bad for 3 flights!

So what does this mean about my worries?

Driver's Licence --> will be in the states for my DMV test ^.^ V setting another appointment incase I fail it lol also going to call AAA about getting the IDP with my temp licence with someone sending my DL when it comes.

The wedding --> Will be in the states to get my dress and get it altered. I'm not sure if I can pick it up but I don't think it'll be much of a problem. my biggest worry about it is losing too much weight and the dress not getting altered in time ^^; not a bad worry!


When the earthquake hit and I watched the Tsunami happen live on TV I wanted to be in Japan and do what I could to help people. Now I can help in a way that is best suited for me. Leaving early means I'll 'most probably' be placed in a prefecture most affected by earthquake and tsunami. This means Miyagi, Ibaraki, Fukushima and Iwate. So in a small way I get to help life get back to normal after what happened! ^-^ V



Wow! in about 7 weeks I will be starting my new life! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment