About Me

My photo
I'm a California girl who from 2007-2008 studied abroad in Tokyo at Toyo University. 2008-2010 completed my B.A. Degree in Japanese at the University of Hawaii @ Manoa. I was hired on May 6th 2011 to become an Assistant Language Teacher with Interac Co., Ltd. After the events of 3/11 I wanted to do something to help Japan. I decided to start early with Interac and be placed in one of the prefectures most affected by the earthquake/tsunami. <3

Thursday, January 5, 2012

ONE OK BUNNY vs the salon

Hello! Happy New Year!! and all of that ^^

I don't know why but when I get stressed, depressed or something along those lines, something gets done to my hair. Shortly after I got back to Hawaii after the summer of 2009 I chopped my to about a half inch above my shoulders which was a first in a long time besides my hair was almost to my waist at that point.

I walked by a super cuts in Waikiki, walked in and had my hair chopped off no real reason just needed to change something or have control over something. I again a while later started stressing of keeping up with school work, applying for JET, and depression that in the shower one day I just out my hair in a ponytail and cut it ^^;;; Didn't do that bad a job at it.

So I think my decision yesterday while watching the Tale of Genji at the theater steams from recent stress but also it was a mess and needed work XD

Yesterday I walked into a local salon and asked if I could get a cut and color. I have been worried about color reading stories about Japanese color being harsh on western hair esp bleach. As the hairdresser put it 'High Bleach' would be needed for my roots XD

So I make an appointment for today!

It was actually a great experience. I did kind of want something more drastically different cut wise but I like it! ^^ For some reason when I would go get my hair done with something in mind I never got it but ended up loving what I got. So today the only thing I wanted was for my roots to match the rest of my hair and not have it fall out XD

When it comes to the salon I am really submissive, quiet and if I'm in pain I hide it as well as I can. The only thing I think I'm missing is that I want my bangs thicker but it's ok ^^
So he talked to me quite a bit and we talked on a lot of topics. He used to go to the JHS I teach at when he was in Jr High and said one of my students comes to the salon ^^ We talked on music and he loves Aerosmith and Oasis. Told me he was fishing at a beach once and ran into Kimura Takuya from SMAP who was surfing with his wife.

The salon is really close to my apartment which isn't saying much since there are like 5-10 salons or barbers in a 1km radius at least. I hardly see if use when I walk by on my way home and he seems to be the only one working there. He was alone when I went in last night saying that he was too busy to take me and to come back tomorrow and he was alone when I came in.

I don't know his name but I think I will be going there a lot. 7000 yen really isn't a lot for cut and color. Only thing that sucked was the chair he moved me to so I could look at magazines while the bleach sat my leg started falling sleep XD I was so worried when he asked me back to the salon chair that I wouldn't be able to walk lol

Still on winter break until the 10th! but an all day training 9:30-16:15 on Saturday. I get to see people!! No more lonely bunny! at least on that day ^^7

No comments:

Post a Comment