About Me

My photo
I'm a California girl who from 2007-2008 studied abroad in Tokyo at Toyo University. 2008-2010 completed my B.A. Degree in Japanese at the University of Hawaii @ Manoa. I was hired on May 6th 2011 to become an Assistant Language Teacher with Interac Co., Ltd. After the events of 3/11 I wanted to do something to help Japan. I decided to start early with Interac and be placed in one of the prefectures most affected by the earthquake/tsunami. <3

Friday, April 29, 2011

Working again

A: Me in'uniform' B: Target


One of the best things about working again is getting out of the house lol Since I got back from Hawaii haven't gotten out of the house much.

I started my job at Target on the 22nd with the orientation. I've worked about a week now. I did miss retail there is something about interacting with people and helping them get what they wanted.

Though so far there was one lady that was horrible! But I can see things from her side though; long shopping day, screaming children in the store. I was being trained so the person ringing her up was telling me what needed to be done and how to do things and she said to her. "I know you have to train her but can you stop talking!" I was shocked but again she went on to say this was the last in a number of stores and she complained about loud children so I can see where she's coming from.

I personally don't like training days and the start because i don't like letting people down by messing up or being slow. But I guess that's what learning something is all about. You can't just start off amazing no matter what you'll be a bit shaky as you learn the ropes.

Target's ideal is Fun, Fast and Friendly. Meaning you get clocked and graded on how fast you do a transaction. Because of that I find myself sloppy at bagging. I never really did that before so I will have to get used to it i guess.

I really wish I didn't have 7+hr shifts. Standing there for that long is tiring and all the movement does hurt my wrist a bit.

Even though the pay is on the lower side it still is a nice place to work. The cash register is amazing! It's a life save! When I did mess something up it has step by step how to fix things. Like today I finished a transaction with out using the coupons the guest had. Though I was slow at fixing it it was easy ^^

A very small update from Interac: Got an email from Sara my recruiter saying Utah got all my documents everything is in order and now it'll be in Tokyo. Though to show how the whole Interac interview feels like you already have the job here is how Sara put it.

"After we send your documents to Tokyo office, they will answer all further questions you may have concerning offers and documents they need."

O_o nothing in the email about hearing if you get the job or not just direct your questions to them about offers and documents needed.

I should hear in another week! ^^



Side note: As I write this I am watching the Royal Wedding




And the dream of most little girls is about to come true for one...

No comments:

Post a Comment