About Me

My photo
I'm a California girl who from 2007-2008 studied abroad in Tokyo at Toyo University. 2008-2010 completed my B.A. Degree in Japanese at the University of Hawaii @ Manoa. I was hired on May 6th 2011 to become an Assistant Language Teacher with Interac Co., Ltd. After the events of 3/11 I wanted to do something to help Japan. I decided to start early with Interac and be placed in one of the prefectures most affected by the earthquake/tsunami. <3

Thursday, May 5, 2011

A people person

Orz Interac!! I got an email yesterday saying that my documents have been sent to Tokyo and I will hear from them in the next 3 weeks.... the next 3 weeks!? I have survived a lot of things in my life but the wait to hear back from Interac might just do me in lol ^^;; Richelle the SF recruiter said that once Tokyo gets my file then they have 7-10 days to decided if I'm in. Since I don't know how my info was sent (snail mail or email??) and through in that it's Golden Week at the moment I don't know when to start counting! @_@

And I haven't heard back from the Harker School yet. Though Anthony said Monday of next week... might just mean next Monday ^^; Though the sentence 'I believe that you've a strong application...' I am keeping at the front of my mind as I wait. Along with Richelle saying I'd be a great addition.

I hope I get the Harker School summer camp job. Target is nice to a point but retail is just not what I should be doing. The way things get ran sometimes is silly.

Speaking of that the more I work at Target I think I might be an oddity of the human race. I love interacting with the customers and I work hard. Sure I might not start counting my break until the moment I sit down with my soda to rest but when there is no one to ring up I leave my lane and start cleaning up around my area or taking the hand held baskets back to where their kept. Well my coworkers don't do that. They wonder off and try to do the whole 'look busy without really doing anything' thing. That just shows their immaturity i guess.

Though interacting with the customers.... One guy bought a lot of things around... $200 and he had a ton of coupons! In the end it turned out he only had to pay around $18 dollars. Amazing!!

My favorite thing so far was when a women came up with a pregnancy test and I rang her up and then moved on to the next customer who was her friend. She too was buying a pregnancy test. They laughed and said they were really good friends and did everything together so why not this. It was touching and sweet. ^^

I guess I'm just a people person ^-^;

waiting with fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment