About Me

My photo
I'm a California girl who from 2007-2008 studied abroad in Tokyo at Toyo University. 2008-2010 completed my B.A. Degree in Japanese at the University of Hawaii @ Manoa. I was hired on May 6th 2011 to become an Assistant Language Teacher with Interac Co., Ltd. After the events of 3/11 I wanted to do something to help Japan. I decided to start early with Interac and be placed in one of the prefectures most affected by the earthquake/tsunami. <3

Sunday, July 10, 2011

In Japan!


<3<3<3<3<3<3

I am in the hotel on lock down with a headache. Japan has been really hot and humid! I am so looking forward to winter lol

My hotel room over looks Tokyo dome! See the pic above yup that's it! ^^

I haven't done a lot or seen a lot of people... due to money issues I wished I hadn't come early but I'm going with it. I visited Hakusan and walked around the dome.

Met up with Stacey yesterday and after talking to her about teaching and work I am so excited about starting work! I want more and more to know where I am going and as the days pass I get more excited! Tuesday!! training!

So before I left my dog got really sick. Head tilted and having a really hard time walking. We took her to the vet and as I got dropped off at the airport the vet called about results of test and it looks like she might have kidney damage.

Things happened before I left that changed my money situation so I'm freaking about money. I hope to have enough to eat until training is over but after that I have no idea. I got in contact with Interac about getting my loan or bits of it to survive soon and will have to wait til tomorrow to hear back.

Though I heard there was someone whose money situation changed (parents were to send money later but then couldn't) and they were ready to head home but Interac seemed to have worked something out with them. I hope this will be the case. I have to say even though there are bad things you hear about them I am hearing more and more about Interac and how it seems they really care about the people they work for!

No comments:

Post a Comment