About Me

My photo
I'm a California girl who from 2007-2008 studied abroad in Tokyo at Toyo University. 2008-2010 completed my B.A. Degree in Japanese at the University of Hawaii @ Manoa. I was hired on May 6th 2011 to become an Assistant Language Teacher with Interac Co., Ltd. After the events of 3/11 I wanted to do something to help Japan. I decided to start early with Interac and be placed in one of the prefectures most affected by the earthquake/tsunami. <3

Friday, July 15, 2011

Training coming to an end!

OMG!! That was something @_@ So tired from training!
I learned today that we did undergo a slightly shorter training period of 3 days with final demos on the 4th day.

I have to say the staff at Interac is A~M~A~Z~I~N~G! I feel like I already knew them so who knows I might just stay with them and move up in the company. I did not meet the infamous Jodie who a couple people I talked with about training had mentioned.

BAD THING ABOUT TRAINING

The health checks. What made it bad was the last minute change in our schedule so we were sent out to the clinic early. We didn't know the clinic went to lunch from 1-2 so when we arrived a little before 1 we signed in and then had to wait for an hour. We didn't have lunch so we were all starving! Plus to add to it we were going to have a urine test so we couldn't pee while we waited or drink anything else besides water.

Stephanie and I worked as a interpreter for the whole group (though a couple others knew a little Japanese). My Japanese wasn't so fluent at the time though lol Interac wanted us back around 3pm to keep going on training but we got back around 4:30pm I believe.

What we had done... it was amazing it was going station to station and they moved us around differently for the quickest result.

Urine test-> chest X-ray -> Hearing test -> EKG -> Eye test -> Blood test -> Doctor consultation. @_@

I think I was the only one the doctor gave orders to. Cut back salt because I had slight Edema she said to cut back on water but realized it's hot so she scratched that ^^

Haven't been to the doctors in a long while so it'll be nice to see how it all turned out.

I hate the hearing tests though lol I have bad hearing and it was those push the button when you hear the beep test and I started to hear beeps I'm not sure were there lol

I am currently working on laundry needing to pack up my suitcases again today to send them off to Hitachi.

I don't want to get ahead of myself ^^

Only Stephanie and myself are in the Hitachi branch and the rest of those at training were with the Tokyo branch. Tokyo got all their contract info and signed for housing and health care and all that. We Hitachi people got handed a train ticket to Hitachi for Tuesday. So it turns out we are here in this hotel for the holiday weekend. I got a phone call from the MC at Hitachi and learned that we would once in Hitachi be spending another week in a hotel. During that time my schools and Leo Palace housing would be worked out.

I'm scared a bit because I came over with very little money and already got a 30000 yen of the loan to survive and another week in a hotel means another week until I get the rest of the loan. The MC asked me how my money was doing and I told him and he said not to go crazy this weekend. Which means I shouldn't go see Harry Potter this weekend... They have been very helpful so as long as I'm vocal about needing help I should get it.

I can only pray and hope the bed in the next hotel will be softer then the hard as wood bed I'm sleeping on lol

Ah! talking with the MC it sounded like Hitachi branch office got a bit of damage so they were in a temp building waiting to move into their new permanent building. The MC seemed really nice so I'm looking forward to going into the office and meeting everyone!

I guess it's a good thing that I will start teaching when school comes back from Summer break. I get to move in and explore Hitachi as well as get the way to school timed.

So far this experience has been amazing!









......cept for the bed that is hard as wood -_-




No comments:

Post a Comment