About Me

My photo
I'm a California girl who from 2007-2008 studied abroad in Tokyo at Toyo University. 2008-2010 completed my B.A. Degree in Japanese at the University of Hawaii @ Manoa. I was hired on May 6th 2011 to become an Assistant Language Teacher with Interac Co., Ltd. After the events of 3/11 I wanted to do something to help Japan. I decided to start early with Interac and be placed in one of the prefectures most affected by the earthquake/tsunami. <3

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

ONE OK BUNNY vs the Revenge


So for those who might not know in Japanese saying rebenji or revenge means more a loser who returns in hope to win. Today was my second time with my 6 year students. It was my first day last week so I bombed a bit during my lessons last week. So today I wanted to show them what I got!

Last week I had a change in the class schedule; the last class of the day became the first. I admit it was nice to get all 4 classes done before lunch and then sit around for the rest of the day ^^;; Well that class stayed where it was as the last class today. So far I noticed that the 6th years are going to be my tough year for my ES. There is one class that seems to have no interest in English; when asked to repeat there are only a couple who do it so most of the time I have to have them do it a couple times.

There was a part of my lesson plan that said to ask the teacher I was working with "Can you play Soccer?" and they answer. Well it went fine enough with the first class. When it came to the second class I was with a teacher who likes to sit back and not do anything while I run through my lesson plan. The lesson starts off with the teacher picking 5 students to ask question to the class... she didn't seem so happy to do it. Then I got to the part of asking her if she can play soccer and she had no idea what I said.

orz...

The last thing I think the students need is for their teacher to come off as not knowing what they are doing. Needless to say I didn't ask the next couple teachers if they liked soccer. Though because of that mistake i ran through class faster for some reason and when I turned the class back over she had them one by one say one thing they could do. I took that idea and asked the next two classes "What can you do?" one by one and that helped fill time. The next teacher which so far is my favorite teacher to work with seemed so excited that each student was saying what they could do. My last class of the day had a great idea for doing the 5 questions in the start it was 5 stations and each student had to go to each station, get asked the question then answer. If I have to do that again I will use that method!

During that class though I was shocked to see one of the 6 year students flip the homeroom teacher off. Nothing came of it really because in Japan it just doesn't have the same feeling as it does in the states. But it shocked me!




Today was the first clear day at the school and I realized as I looked out at the students working on getting ready for Sports Day on the 17th I could see the ocean from my English room! ^^ I love it!

All and all I think I got my revenge! but that one class... I will nickname them the Johnny's Jr. class (because there is this one kid who seems to run the class that I wouldn't be surprised if he was a Johnny's Jr.)... I will just have to work on figuring out how to get to them. Also keeping control when doing activities was a little tough as well so go to stick on that as well.


AH! almost forgot! for this month I am going to get as many pictures of my school lunch just to give the world an idea of what I eat at school. I will edit that in a video later ^^ Speaking of that I was scheduled to eat with 6-3 but no one came to get me... I don't know if they just didn't know or if I was to bring my lunch myself -_- saaa waited 20 minutes then hurried to eat my lunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment